LLANJ Political Empowerment Plan
Each of the Latino organizations throughout the State represented by the Latino Leadership Alliance is committed to a political empowerment plan designed to aggressively build the political power of the Latino community. Our plan includes the following priorities:
- Community based and institutionalized leadership development that trains and nurtures Latino leaders from our communities and organizations to ensure that we, and not the political parties, select our leaders.
- A permanent voter registration, voter education, and citizenship drive to increase the political awareness, knowledge, and participation of NJ Latino voters.
- The development of a PAC (political action committee) named LLA-PAC, “LLA” pronounced “ya” which in Spanish means “already, now, finally,” to harness our burgeoning economic growth for the benefit of our political empowerment.
- The development of a published report card grading the performance of our legislators on issues of interest to the Latino community.
- Building strong coalitions with our friends in the African-American, Jewish, Indian, Asian-American communities, the Labor Movement and other groups. There are far more issues that unite us than divide us.
We, Latinos stand ready to assume responsibility for our future in the great State of New Jersey. We shall be loyal and dedicated partners with all the people of this State, a State where diversity shall be celebrated and each ethnic sector’s contribution recognized, accepted and encouraged.